The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 is designed to be a static element during a vehicle recovery. The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 can be used as an extension strap for a tow recovery, joined together with MAXTRAX KINETC ROPE(S) or joined with a WINCH ROPE to extend the total length of ropes.
The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 has been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third-party-branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition prior to installation, as well as prior to use.
2. Attach the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10, to the MAXTRAX HITCH, other MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE or the vehicles rated recovery points using a MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX Fuse Shackle.
3. MAXTRAX STATIC ROPES can be used individually or connected using MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLES to make a rope the required length for your particular vehicle recovery scenario.
4. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
5. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
6. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
7. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.
8. If the recovery is initially unsuccessful, try again with SLIGHTLY more momentum.
Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene and Polyester
Weight: 0.98 kg
Length: 11mm x 10m
MBS: 11000 kg/24250 lb